What is Hybern
Hybern was a small project to create a long term, OS independent, searchable storage solution.
After some thinking, it was expended to cover distribution to multiple endpoint and transfer to the cloud (for one or more endpoint).
The old spec were:
- Offline storage design (Like tapes but with hard drive)
- Work with mixed sized disk
- Primarily design for Linux (more for Windows later)
- Searchable index
- Intelligent placement of file
- If you ingest a new folder named the same as before, it will try and copy it to the same disk.
Most specs are the same but those are new:
- Transfer of files between repositories using existing (scp, cp, curl/wget/fetch windows copy).
- Basically, Hybern will not transfer the files but will call orchestrate the transfer
- Simple Ingest process
- S3/Swift integration for DreamObjects, S3 and OpenStack.
- Client/server infrastructure
- Web view with user access for distribution
- Android client
- Desktop client (Ubuntu and Windows)
- For ingest and extraction
iOS Client (you wish)
More detail in the specification section.
Development is in Github